Friday, February 15, 2008

My Grandpa

The other night, hubby and I were watching the movie "The Gardian" with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. During the bar scene, Kevin Costner is complaining about getting old and the bartender turns to him and lays it all out. My husband and I looked at each other and said, "That's Grandpa". So, the next day I decided to do a layout of him and include that quote. I have edited it slightly but it's still perfect. Journaling says, "if my muscles ache it's cuz I've USED 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a woman who loved me. I've got a few wrinkles here and there but I've layed under THOUSANDS of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well 'cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat, and screwed my way through a pretty damn good life if you ask me. Getting old ain't bad.... getting old, that's EARNED.

No comments: