Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baby Boy

I just bought the new Cricut Magazine this week and OMG, I love it!!! So many great projects to do. My first out of the gate was this adorable baby card made from the Plantin Cartridge. Was so easy to make and I can't wait to give it to someone. This is the first time I made a "shaped" card. I never liked to because it was hard to figure out the folding. But this book showed me how to do a star and I can apply the same concept to other shapes. Oh, let the fun begin!
As I said, this card is made entirely from the Plantin Cartridge. I cut the star background at 5.5" and the argyle blue star at 5". Then the small green star was at 1.75". All three are the Roly Poly feature. The tag as well, which was cut at 1" tall. And "boy" was cut at 1.5". I inked all pieces with a light brown then adhered the button with red embroidery thread. I think this card took me about 8 min to make, and that was with all the cutting as well!

No comments: